Below is a short list of some of the powerful things we've heard from PHCO volunteers in the past.
- "I was able to put a face to the homeless problem and understand how and why someone becomes homeless."
- "My overall view of ‘homeless' has been drastically changed."
- "I was so pleased to see how many volunteers were there that had never been in contact with a homeless person have such a positive, pleasant attitude! There was no judgment... just loving care! That's a true testament to how much Omaha cares about others."
- "It made me re-evaluate my priorities and enjoy the things I already have. Very humbling experience."
- "My clients loved the one-stop-shop concept. They appreciated the food, the free gifts, amenities, and upbeat environment."
- "It increased my awareness of who the homeless are, and the problems they face day-to-day."
- "All of the services that were available for the clients were great. The haircuts especially made the clients feel taken care of."
- "I was really impacted by the personal stories my guests told to me, and how thankful they were for this opportunity."
- "Being a nurse, I am accustomed to working with people from all walks of life. The volunteers treated everyone with respect. You could see people connecting with one another, heads bent in discussion, laughing with one another. What a wonderful opportunity to remember that each person is worthy of our respect and care."
- "I am so grateful for what God has provided for me and my family. How often we take for granted the little things we have in our lives. A warm bed, a roof over our head, and food, when others just barely have a blanket to keep warm and have to look for a safe, warm place to spend the night. It's hard to believe that there are so many homeless people here in Omaha of every age, race, and gender. Maybe somehow we can make a difference, even if it is only a day."
- "I wish there were more of these experiences as this was a very powerful day for me. It reminded me of the privileges I enjoy and how I need to keep stretching and striving to ask myself what's next, can I do more, can I learn more, can I serve more?"
Past Event Datasheets
2017 Event Summary (Datasheet)
Download the 2017 event summary datasheet.
2015 Event Summary (Datasheet)
Download the 2015 event summary datasheet.
2014 Event Summary (Datasheet)
Download the 2014 event summary datasheet.
2013 Event Summary (Datasheet)
Download the 2013 event summary datasheet.
2012 Event Summary (Datasheet)
Download the 2012 event summary datasheet.